Marathons, assault courses, mud runs, triathalons, hikes... we set ourselves challenges in order to know that we can accomplish them. The feeling upon completion is one of the biggest highs, reminding us how strong we actually are.Read More
Having an event to train for is a great way to stay focused and give yourself a goal. For this reason we decided to train for the Brighton Marathon in the Autumn, which has definitely kept us fit and active over the winter. It has also resulted in A LOT of running over the last few months, so we thought we'd share our top training tips:
- STRETCH, stretch & stretch! This will help prevent injury and aid recovery
- if it hurts STOP- you're better off having one rubbish run than not walking for a few days!
- get your NUTRITION right, especially carb/protein ratio
- amino acids - they are great for super recovery! We definitely prefer to eat actual food, but when you are training this much you may need the extra support
- RUN as much as you can and then some more. Add some short faster runs, hills, sprints etc... But don't forget to CROSS TRAIN too!
- SLEEP - lots of it
- have a training PARTNER and a PLAN
- wear correct TRAINERS for you and your feet
- BREATHE correctly- inhale or exhale as your foot steps down
- remember WHY you are doing it!!
And most importantly, ENJOY!!